Please act now, time is short! Contact the White House today to urge President Trump to use the powers of the Executive Branch to restore the federal government’s respect for the religious freedom of individuals and organizations. Request that President Trump sign an Executive Order that establishes a government-wide initiative to respect religious freedom. Let the Administration know what we expect today!
Forces hostile to our fundamental and cherished right to religious freedom have been eroding our first liberty at an unprecedented rate in recent years. Many Americans have suffered --from the Little Sisters of the Poor, to California churches who were forced to act against their deeply held beliefs, to families who run closely-held businesses in accordance with their faith. Our leaders must hear our voices on this important matter of protecting our religious liberty today. Tell them to please act immediately to begin restoring our first freedom!
Suggested Actions to Take Immediately:
- Send a message to the Trump Administration by email and via Twitter by clicking HERE
- Repost this alert on your social media platforms. Share this email with your network.
Please act today to issue an Executive Order that establishes a government-wide initiative to respect religious freedom. The Executive Order should make clear that religious freedom entails more than the freedom to worship but also includes the ability to act on one’s beliefs. It should also include:
Our request for action is rooted in the understanding that our religious liberty rights and freedom of conscience are given to us by God and not the government. America was founded on this principle and it is the responsibility of government to protect these cherished liberties. The Executive Order should make clear that religious freedom entails more than the freedom to worship but also includes the ability to act on one’s beliefs.
Request that the Executive Order include, at a minimum:
- Relief from the mandate of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that forces the Little Sisters of the Poor and others to facilitate the provision of contraception, sterilization, and abortion-inducing drugs and devices in their health plans.
- Conscience protections regarding abortion in the individual health insurance market.
- Preservation of tax-exempt status for nonprofits that hold beliefs based on marriage, human sexuality, and the protection of human life at all stages.
- The ability of religious organizations that partner with the federal government to act according to their beliefs regarding marriage, human sexuality, and the protection of human life at all stages.
- A broad religious exemption to Executive Order 13672 so that faith-based organizations can continue to partner with the federal government to provide much-needed services here at home and abroad.
- The ability of religiously affiliated child welfare providers to provide adoption, foster, or family support services for children in accordance with their religious beliefs.
- Protection of accreditation for religious schools based on their beliefs.